Fire crews respond to Summerville fire, 7 displaced

VIDEO: Fire crews respond to Summerville fire, 7 displaced

SUMMERVILLE, SC (WCSC) - Pine Ridge Fire Rescue responded to a fire in Summerville Friday night that left 7 displaced.

Firefighters were dispatched to the 100 block of Musket Lane at approximately 7:00 p.m., according to Deputy Chief Ryan Hall.

The fire was caused by a space heater in the home, according to a fire marshall.

Seven people, including 3 children, were displaced by the fire that destroyed an estimated 25 percent of the home, Hall said.

There were no injuries. The American Red Cross is providing assistance to the victims.

Copyright 2018 WCSC. All rights reserved.