Energy Wise is brought to you by South Carolina Electric & Gas Company. SCE&G, headquartered in Columbia, S.C., serves
approximately 650,000 electric customers and approximately 300,000 natural gas customers.
SCE&G Spring/Summer Energy Savings Tips
Let SCE&G help you take control of your energy bills. To get you started, we've compiled a variety of tips to help you be more energy efficient.
- Set your thermostat to 78F or higher in the summer. Each degree lower can significantly increase your cooling costs.
- Programmable thermostats allow you to conveniently maintain the comfort of your home when you're there and reduce energy costs when you're not.
- Have your central air conditioning system serviced annually by a professional. This can extend the life of the system while maintaining optimum efficiency.
Get Instant Discounts on Energy Efficient CFLs!
Save today with instant discounts from SCE&G. Get up to $1.50 per bulb* on select ENERGY STAR® qualified compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs).
You will receive your discount instantly at check-out in one of two ways:
- The savings are already included in the discounted price at the retailer, or
- The discount will be applied at the register when you use coupons available at the store.
Why CFLs? ENERGY STAR qualified CFLs will:
- Save up to $40 in electricity costs over their lifetime**
- Last up to 10 times longer, so you won't need to change them as often (great for hard to reach places!)
- Produce 75% less heat, so they're safer to operate
Which Bulb Works for You?
ENERGY STAR qualified bulbs come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors. To learn more about choosing the right bulb for your home, visit the ENERGY STAR Choose a Light Guide
Take the Next Step
Find a participating retailer near you.
Learn about proper CFL Disposal and Recycling
Get more spring and summer energy saving tips
*Limit 15 bulbs per customer. SCE&G does not warrant or endorse any manufacturer. Program is subject to change or termination at any time.
**Energy cost savings are estimates only and may vary by usage and current rates. Please see the ENERGY STAR CFL calculator for additional details on savings estimates: www.energystar.gov/cfls.