Q&As to Make You Smarter
Q: Why should you have your system(s) regularly maintained?
Just like an automobile runs better when it has regular oil changes, your HVAC system(s) will operate at peak efficiency with regular maintenance.
Q: What are some of the advantages of a Wappoo Service Smart plan, what others call preventive maintenance?
A system that is properly maintained runs more efficiently. This means money in your pocket in several ways:
- Energy savings
- Fewer and less costly repairs
- Extended equipment life
Q: What other benefits come with a yearly Smart Plan?
- You will receive Priority Service 24/7/365. This is especially important when you experience HVAC problems on the hottest and coldest days of the year.
- You will receive a discount on repairs.
Q: What are the bi-annual services which are part of the Smart Plan?
PER INSPECTION*: (twice a year)
- Clean drain lines
- Check and tighten electrical connections
- Check amp draw on electrical components
- Check belts
- Check temperature drop/rise
- Check coils
- Check refrigerant pressures
- Check for proper system operation
- Check filters and change if necessary
(owner provides filters unless otherwise specified)
ONCE PER YEAR*:
Clean evaporator coil
Clean drain pan
Clean burners (if applicable)
Inspect heat exchanger for cracks (if applicable)
Check gas pressure for proper firing rate (if applicable)
Clean condenser coil
Check blower clean if necessary
*Unless otherwise indicated and where applicable