SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP) - Two South Carolina men have been electrocuted while trimming a tree at their home when an extension ladder touched a power line.
The men died Sunday afternoon in Spartanburg County.
Coroner Rusty Clevenger said it would likely be Monday afternoon before he could release the victims' names.
Firefighters had to wait about 20 minutes until power could be disconnected before they could reach the victims.
Arkwright Fire Chief James Owens says his department responded to a call from a passing motorist who thought he saw a brush fire before realizing two people were involved.
Tony Barnett with the Spartanburg County Fire Marshal's Office says it's unclear how the ladder came in contact with the power line.