"WHERE YOU LIVE" HOMETOWN PHOTO contest rules
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WCSC-TV, 2126 Charlie Hall Blvd. Charleston, SC 29414 ("Sponsor"). The promotion begins at 4pm ET Friday, April 9, 2010 and ends at 4pm ET Friday, April 23, 2010. All entries must be received by 4pm on Friday, April 23, 2010. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of South Carolina, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WCSC-TV as well as companies and suppliers providing services and/or prizes, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion.
3. How to Enter. Upload your hometown photo online at my5.live5news.com or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you may mail your photos to WCSC-TV5 2126 Charlie Hall Blvd Charleston, SC 29414, with the words "WHERE YOU LIVE HOMETOWN PHOTO CONTEST" on the envelope.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entrants agree to not submit any material that is defamatory, indecent, obscene and/or that infringes on any entity's and/or person's intellectual property rights. Entrants represent that by entering into this promotion that they solely own the copyright to any pictures submitted and grant to WCSC-TV a unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual right to display and/or broadcast such pictures on WCSC-TV's television channels and/or internet websites, including but not limited to using the pictures for WCSC-TV's commercial and/or promotional purposes.
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
FIVE (5) Grand Prize Winners will be awarded one (1) Hometown Fun Prize Pack including four (4) Riverdogs ticket vouchers, one (1) South Carolina Park Passport, seventy-five dollars ($75) in local restaurant vouchers, one (1) Lowcountry Funsaver coupon book, and assorted Live 5 WCSC Merchandise. Each prize pack is valued at approximately $200.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Only one (1) prize pack will be awarded to an individual.
5. How the Prizes are awarded. WCSC judges will determine 5 grand prize winners based on: 1. Creativity of photo 2. Quality of photo. Entries will be judged only using the criteria stated above. Judges' decisions are final.
6. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s) and/or any other persons necessary will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 31 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. Winner must take possession of his or her prize by 5pm Monday May 24, 2010 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winners will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WCSC-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winners will receive a Form 1099 from WCSC-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize packs may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WCSC-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
7. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor, its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize packs, however caused.
8. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WCSC-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WCSC-TV are final and binding. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).