The MY5 Mother/Daughter Look Alike Contest Rules
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WCSC-TV and Lowcountry Plastic Surgery Center (collectively, "Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 5pm ET Thursday, April 14, 2010 and ends at 5pm ET Wednesday, May 5, 2010. All entries must be received by 12pm on Friday, April 30, 2010. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of South Carolina, and to mothers who have a daughter. The mother must be at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WCSC-TV as well as companies and suppliers providing services and/or prizes, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per individual will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. How to Enter. There are two ways to enter. Upload your mother/daughter look alike photo or video online at my5.live5news.com (note that if the daughter is under 18 years of age, the mother must be the one to complete the online entry form and upload the photo or video). Or you may mail your photos to WCSC-TV5 2126 Charlie Hall Blvd Charleston, SC 29414, to the attention of My5 with the words "MOTHER/DAUGHTER LOOK ALIKE CONTEST" on the envelope.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entrants agree to not submit material that is defamatory, indecent, obscene, or infringes on anyone else's intellectual property rights. Entrants represent that by entering into this promotion that they solely own the copyright to any pictures submitted and grant to Live 5 WCSC a unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual right to display and/or broadcast such pictures on Live 5 WCSC's television channels and/or internet websites, including but not limited to using the pictures for Live 5 WCSC's commercial and/or promotional purposes.
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WCSC and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WCSC may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WCSC is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
One prize winner will be awarded. The winner will receive one prize pack. Value of prize pack is approximately $500. The prize pack consists of a makeover for the mother (makeup, microdermabrasion, latisse, obagi skin care, teeth whitening and haircut) and a haircut and photo shoot for the daughter.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
5. How the Prize is awarded. WCSC judges will determine five finalists, based on: 1. cuteness of photo or video 2; creativity of photo or video; 3. quality of photo or video; and 4. the extent to which mother and daughter look alike. Entries will be judged using the criteria stated above. Judges' decisions are final.
Viewers can then visit live5news.com starting Noon Friday, April 30, 2010 until 4pm Wednesday May 5, 2010 and vote for their favorite of the five finalists. One winner with the most votes at the end of the voting period will be announced on Live 5 News Thursday May 6, 2010. In the event of a tie, WCSC judges will determine final winner and their decision will be final.
6. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 30 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. Note that the mother and daughter will be required to execute the release for this promotion, and if the daughter is under 18 years of age, the mother must execute the release on her behalf and on behalf of her daughter. Winner must take possession of her prize by 5pm Friday June 4, 2010 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WCSC-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner will receive a Form 1099 from WCSC-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration by the winner.
Winner (mother and daughter) agrees to the use ofher name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, winner acknowledges that WCSC-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
7. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize, however caused.
8. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WCSC-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WCSC-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).