Quantcast

Family escapes candle fire without injuries - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Family escapes candle fire without injuries

CHARLESTON, SC -

CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - A family escaped an early morning house fire in North Charleston after a candle was left unattended.

North Charleston Fire Department responded to 2357 Cambridge Avenue at 2:20 a.m. after the mother in the house woke up and smelled smoke.

The damage was limited to the bedroom and its contents. The fire was ruled accidental and there were no injuries.

The local chapter of the American Red Cross provided a hotel room and other assistance to the family.

The chapter has helped 398 total house fire victims since the beginning of the year.

©2010 WCSC. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly