Quantcast

SC couple dies when carbon monoxide enters home - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

SC couple dies when carbon monoxide enters home

HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. (AP) - A couple has died at their South Carolina home after carbon monoxide from their running vehicle entered the home through a door to the garage.

The Island Packet of Hilton Head Island reported the Beaufort County coroner's office has ruled the deaths an accident.

Deputy Coroner David Ott says 72-year-old Edward Cavanaugh and his 69-year-old wife Karen died late Tuesday at their home at Sun City Hilton Head.

Ott says the couple arrived home Tuesday evening and apparently left the car running with the door from the garage into the house open, allowing fumes to spread.

Ott says a neighbor who picked up their newspaper Wednesday morning noticed the car was running. Security officers found the couple in the living room.

Information from: The Island Packet, http://www.islandpacket.com

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

 

Powered by Frankly