In 1953, the first words uttered on WCSC were, "Five is now alive." Live 5 was the first Television station to broadcast in Charleston, SC. We've been the ratings leader ever since.
WCSC-TV5's is the Market leader for local and Breaking news, Sports and Weather.
WCSC-TV5's audience numbers are 50-75% greater than the competition.
WCSC-TV5's News out-delivers all other newscasts combined.
WCSC-TV5 reaches over 60% of the total available audience.
WCSC-TV5's prime is primo with such #1 programs as CSI, Two ½ Men, The Mentalist and Survivor, just to name a few.
WCSC-TV5 programs A+ Syndication programs such as 2 ½ Men and The Doctors.
WCSC-TV5 over indexes the CBS Network by 20%.
WCSC-TV5 boasts several broadcast awards in station promotion and commercial production.
WCSC-TV5 has the most advanced weather technology in the Lowcountry with the market exclusive Live 5 Super Doppler.
- 87% have Internet access from home
- 61% have Internet access from work
- 61% own a wireless device with Internet access
- 55% own a High Definition Television
- 66% have cable television from a cable provider or phone company
- 28% have satellite television from DirecTV or Dish Network
- 51% are on Facebook
- 8% are on Twitter