Quantcast

Lightning sparks fire in North Charleston duplex - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Lightning sparks fire in North Charleston duplex

NORTH CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - Two families were forced out of their home after a fire ripped through a North Charleston duplex Monday night.

No one was injured during the fire as the four adults and three children living in the building made it out safe.

Firefighters say that lightning started the fire at 7364 Stafford Road. The fire started on the top floor of the townhouse-style unit.

Both families were assisted by the Carolina Lowcountry Chapter of the American Red Cross. One family will be able to move back into their half of the duplex because damage on that side of the building was not as bad.

Since July 2009, the Lowcountry Red Cross has assisted more than 1,000 people due to home fires in its 7-county region.

©2010 WCSC. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly