Quantcast

Fire caused by fireworks damages Rock Hill house - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Fire caused by fireworks damages Rock Hill house

ROCK HILL, S.C. (AP) - Authorities say fireworks appear to have sparked a fire that burned a vacant South Carolina house.

Rock Hill fire officials told The Herald of Rock Hill that the back porch, roof and siding of the house burned early Monday morning, causing about $3,000 in damage.

Rock Hill officials say firefighters also fought nine other small grass and trash fires they think were started by fireworks over the holiday weekend.

No one was injured in the blazes.

Information from: The Herald, http://www.heraldonline.com

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

 

Powered by Frankly