MOUNT PLEASANT, SC (WCSC) - A fire forced a Mount Pleasant couple from their home early Monday morning.
The fire occurred at 1242 Haig Lane in the Charleston National Subdivision near Park West.
The couple was assisted by volunteers from the Carolina Lowcountry Chapter of the American Red Cross. They provided the couple with comfort kits filled with personal emergency supplies, T-shirts and financial assistance to replace the food and clothing that was lost in the fire.
The Red Cross has assisted 653 victims of residential fires since the beginning of the year.