COLUMBIA, SC (WCSC) - U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham announced Wednesday that South Carolina will receive more than $1.4 million in federal grants through the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant Program.
These funds can be used for programs focusing on law enforcement, prosecution and courts, prevention and education, corrections and community corrections, drug treatment, planning, evaluation, and technology improvement and crime victims and witnesses.
The awards for some local counties and cities include:
· $240,029 for the City of North Charleston
· $230,631 for Richland County
· $133,182 for Horry County
· $64,219 for Berkeley County
· $42,221 for Orangeburg County
· $28,333 for Dillon County
· $25,653 for Georgetown County
· $15,663 for the Town of Summerville
All grants were awarded by the U.S. Department of Justice.