CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - Beginning Monday, October 25, a new section of Bee Street will close for approximately 60 days to allow for construction. The new section of Bee Street will be closed just west of the MUSC Parking Garage main entrance up to the South Carolina Federal Credit Union's entrance.
The MUSC Parking Garage main entrance on Bee Street will reopen. This portion of Bee Street will only be accessible from Courtenay Drive.
During this phase of construction:
- Access to the garage will no longer be available through the rear garage entrance across from Bravo Street.
- Bee Street between Lockwood Boulevard and Courtenay Drive will not be open to through traffic.
- Motorists trying to access the Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center by way of Courtenay Drive will be detoured to Ralph H. Johnson Drive and then to the hospital entrance on Bravo Street.
- Motorists will still be able to access the Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center on Bee Street coming from Lockwood Boulevard and from the US 17 Northbound off Ramp to Lockwood Boulevard.
- The intersections of Bee Street and Bravo Street and Bee Street and Cherry Street will be closed.
- Only local traffic trying to access Comfort Inn, The Lofts or the Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center should utilize Bee Street coming from Lockwood Boulevard or from the U.S. 17 northbound off-ramp to Lockwood Boulevard.
- Cherry Street will not be open to through traffic. Only local traffic coming from U.S. 17 northbound trying to access Burger King or South Carolina Federal Credit Union should utilize Cherry Street.
See a map of the detour: http://www.ccroadwise.org/file/images/bee_court_detour_vamc.jpg.