Live 5 News – Grocery Surprise OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WCSC-TV5 2126 Charlie Hall Blvd Charleston, SC 29414 ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 6:00am Thursday, Oct 28, 2010 and ends at 7:00am Friday November 19, 2010. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of South Carolina, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WCSC-TV, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per household will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified. Winners cannot have won any contest on WCSC-TV 5 or live5news.com in the last 30 days and can only win once in this contest.
3. How to Enter. There is one way to enter this promotion. Beginning Thursday, Oct 28, 2010 until Friday November 19, 2010 individuals can watch Live 5 News This Morning weekdays between 6:00am and 7:00am for the cue to call. The 5th qualified caller wins. The amount to be awarded will be announced daily between 6:00am and 7:00am.
No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction.
4. Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
5. Prize(s). There are (17) daily prizes. Each daily prize consists of a minimum of $50 and a maximum of $500 in preloaded Harris Teeter grocery gift cards. The amount to be awarded will be decided by station and announced daily.
6. No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned. No prize can be auctioned or sold. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
7. How the Prizes are Awarded. Each daily prize is awarded to the 5th qualified caller. Winners can pick up their prize at WCSC-TV5 2126 Charlie Hall Blvd Charleston, SC 29414. Prizes will not be mailed.
8. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning the daily prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
9. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license with current address or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), travel companion(s), and/or any other persons necessary will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 31 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. Winner must take possession of his or her prize before 5pm on Monday, Dec 20, 2010 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WCSC-TV 5 will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WCSC-TV 5 if WCSC-TV 5 reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WCSC-TV 5, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
10. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
11. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WCSC-TV 5. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WCSC-TV 5 are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
12. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WCSC-TV5 2126 Charlie Hall Blvd Charleston, SC 29414 by Dec 20, 2010.