WEST ASHLEY, SC (WCSC) - Charleston firefighters responded to a house fire Wednesday morning on Piper Street.
Neighbors called the fire department after spotting smoke shortly before 10 a.m.
According to the Charleston Fire Department, the residents were not home at the time of the fire, but their two dogs were. Both dogs were rescued and firefighters revived them using oxygen masks.
The dogs were taken to an emergency veterinary clinic and are reportedly recuperating and are in good health.
According to fire officials, the fire apparently started in the kitchen, but the investigation into the fire is ongoing.
The St. Andrews Fire Department assisted CFD with the fire.