DORCHESTER COUNTY, SC (WCSC) - The Pan's Super Buffet was robbed for the second time in two months Thursday night, adding another robbery to a long list of Chinese restaurant armed robberies in recent months.
According to the Dorchester County Sheriff's Office, the Pan's Super Buffet on Dorchester Road was robbed at gunpoint at just before 10 p.m. Thursday night. The same restaurant was robbed on Aug. 28.
Thursday night's robbery is the 16th armed robbery of an Asian restaurant since Aug. 1.
According to a press release, two black male subjects entered the restaurant through the rear door wearing Halloween costumes. They displayed black semi automatic handguns and demanded money. The restaurant employees turned over approximately $1,200 in cash and a cell phone. The suspects then fled out the back door in an unknown direction.
The sheriff's office said in the release that investigators were able to develop leads and are in the process of following them up at this time. The sheriff's office also said the case appears to be similar to the other robberies of Chinese restaurants in the area and that investigators are in contact with other jurisdictions to gather and share information.
According to the sheriff's office, the restaurant had put in a new back door with a better locking system after it was robbed on Aug. 28, but the suspects were able to get inside while an employee was taking out the trash.
If you have any information, call Crime Stoppers at 554-1111. You don't have to give your name and may earn a cash reward.
- Aug. 1: China Wok, Charleston
- Aug. 19: Pan Garden, Folly Beach
- Aug. 25: China Chef, Summerville
- Aug: 28: Pan's Super Buffet, Dorchester County
- Aug. 29: China Fun Restaurant, West Ashley
- Aug. 30: Jade Garden, West Ashley
- Sept. 5: China Chef, Goose Creek
- Sept. 10: Tenichi Japanese Restaurant, West Ashley
- Sept. 12: China Chef Restaurant, Goose Creek
- Sept. 30: Ocean Dragon, Holly Hill
- Oct. 2: Chinese Palace, Summerville
- Oct. 6: Lam's Garden, Ravenel
- Oct. 7: Dragon Gate, James Island
- Oct. 25: Johns Island Chinese restaurant marks 15th robbery
- Oct. 28: Robbers strike Pan's Super Buffet for second time