SUMMERVILLE, SC (WCSC) — Another Chinese restaurant was robbed by two men armed with a handgun over the weekend, deputies confirmed Tuesday. The string of Chinese restaurant robberies is nearing 20 incidents at this point.
Deputies with the Berkeley County Sheriff's Office responded to the China Chef on 1672 N. Main St. in Summerville at 9:50 p.m. Sunday.
According to an incident report, employees were shutting down the restaurant for the night when two men dressed in black entered. One of the suspects was carrying a handgun.
The two suspects cleared the register of its contents and stole and employees purse, the Post and Courier reported. Deputies have surveillance video from the robbery, but have not yet released it to the public.
Deputies could not confirm whether the robbery was linked to the recent string of Chinese restaurant robberies.
The incident marks the second robbery at the China Chef.
- Aug. 1: China Wok, Charleston
- Aug. 19: Pan Garden, Folly Beach
- Aug. 25: China Chef, Summerville
- Aug: 28: Pan's Super Buffet, Dorchester County
- Aug. 29: China Fun Restaurant, West Ashley
- Aug. 30: Jade Garden, West Ashley
- Sept. 5: China Chef, Goose Creek
- Sept. 10: Tenichi Japanese Restaurant, West Ashley
- Sept. 12: China Chef Restaurant, Goose Creek
- Sept. 30: Ocean Dragon, Holly Hill
- Oct. 2: Chinese Palace, Summerville
- Oct. 6: Lam's Garden, Ravenel
- Oct. 7: Dragon Gate, James Island
- Oct. 25: China Taste Restaurant, Johns Island
- Oct. 28: Pan's Super Buffet, Dorchester County
- China Chef, Summerville