LIVE 5 NEWS SNUGGIE CONTEST
* 1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WCSC-TV 2126 Charlie Hall Boulevard Charleston, SC 29414 ("Sponsor"). The promotion begins at 5:00am November 22, 2010 and ends at 11:35pm November 26, 2010. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
* 2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of South Carolina, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WCSC-TV, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion.
* 3. How to Enter. Weekdays during Live 5 News, November 22 – May 26, 2010, WCSC-TV will prompt viewers to call a specified contest hotline. One prompt will be given during each newscast during a weathercast between 5:00am and 5:59am, 6:00am and 6:59am, 12:00pm and 12:30pm, 4:00pm and 4:30pm, 5:00pm and 5:59pm, 6:00pm and 6:30pm, 7:00pm and 7:30pm and 11:00pm and 11:35pm. Snuggies will be given away during news programming only. No Snuggie will be awarded during these time periods if newscasts are pre-empted for any reason. Callers are prohibited from using multiple phone lines or automated dialing equipment to participate. The fifth caller after the prompt will win one (1) Live 5 News Snuggie. Sponsors are not responsible for late, illegible, or misdirected entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with caller or Sponsor), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction.
* 4. Prizes. A total of thirty six (36) prizes will be offered. Each prize is one (1) Live 5 News Snuggie valued at approximately $20.00. All charges, fees, and costs not specifically included in the applicable prize descriptions are the responsibility of the respective prize winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned.
* 5. How the Prizes are Awarded. Winners will be notified over the phone at the time they call in and are responsible for claiming the prize at WCSC Studios at 2126 Charlie Hall Blvd. Charleston, SC 29414. Prizes will not be mailed.
* 6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of callers.
* 7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility when retrieving the prize or the prize will be forfeited. Winner must take possession of his or her prize by 5:30 pm on December 30, 2010, or the prize will be forfeited. Winners will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WCSC-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winners will receive a Form 1099 from WCSC-TV if WCSC-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prizes may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration. Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WCSC-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WCSC-TV and any other Sponsors of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WCSC-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsors for that purpose. WCSC-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsors.
* 8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsors, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize, however caused.
* 9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WCSC-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WCSC-TV are final and binding. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process, or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsors further reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).