JAMES ISLAND, SC (WCSC) - The Charleston Fire Department was called to a house fire Saturday evening at Carmel Drive on James Island.
According to fire officials, the fire started in the fireplace of the house. The homeowner attempted to put out the blaze, but it spread into the walls of the house as well as the attic.
The James Island Fire Department and Charleston City firefighters were able to contain the blaze in the back of the house to one room.
Fire officials say the house only sustained smoke and water damage in that one room.
Carmel Drive was shut down for over an hour while crews battled the fire and cleaned up the area.
No one was injured in the fire.