Quantcast

Downtown Charleston fire started in laundry room - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Downtown Charleston fire started in laundry room

CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - A fire in downtown Charleston left a home in shambles Saturday night. The fire happened around 11 p.m. at a home on Gordon Street.

A representative from the city said the fire department believes the fire started from a laundry basket sitting too close to a hot water heater.

The fire caused significant damage to the home. It was quickly contained by the Charleston City Fire Department. No injuries were reported.

Copyright WCSC 2010. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly