Several Lowcountry communities will host holiday parades and tree lightings over the next two weeks. Here is a list of major events to get you in the holiday spirit.
City of Charleston:
- Parade of Boats 12/4, starts in Mt. Pleasant at 5:30 p.m and will be on the downtown side of the Harbor by 6:30
- Tree lighting in Marion Square 12/4, 4:30-6:30 p.m.
- Downtown Parade 12/5, 2-4 p.m.
- Chanukah in the Square 12/5, 4-6 p.m.
- Parade and Holiday Festival in Park Circle 12/4, kid's activities start at 4 p.m., entertainment at 5, and the parade is at 6
- Station Lighting and party at the Fire and Rescue station 12/3, 5:30 p.m.
- Holiday Festival and tree lighting 12/4 and 5 festival shopping from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. both days, tree lighting starts at 5 on Saturday. All events are at the Family Circle Cup Stadium.
- Tree lighting 12/1, 7 p.m. at Folly River Park
- Parade 12/11, 1 p.m. on Center Street
- Parade 12/5 at 3 p.m.
- Tree Lighting 12/5 at 5:30 p.m.
- Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony 12/3 at 6 p.m.
- Hanahan Exchange Club Christmas Parade 12/4 at 10 a.m.
- Yeamans Hall Road will be closed around City Hall 12/3 at 4 p.m. in preparation for the two events
- Parade and Festival 12/4, festival events start with the parade at 11:30 a.m. and run throughout the day, and the tree lighting takes place at 6 p.m.
- The parade of boats has been rescheduled for 12/11
- Parade 12/5, 3 p.m.
- Holiday events start at 2 p.m. with a crafts festival, Santa arrives at 3 p.m., and a hayride to light the city's Christmas trees leaves at 6.
- Tree lighting 11/30, 6 p.m. at Town Hall
- Parade 12/12, 2-4 p.m. on Main street
- Tree Lighting and fireworks 12/12 at 5:30 p.m.
- Parade 12/12 at 5:45 p.m.
- Parade 12/11, 2 p.m.
- Boat parade 12/11, 5 p.m. from Live Oak Landing to Bay Point
- Concert 12/12, at Edisto Beach Baptist Church
- Parade and Taste of Hollywood, 12/12, 2 p.m.
- James Island County Park Holiday Festival of Lights, ongoing through January 2
Visit the Live 5 News Where You Live community pages for more information.