NORTH CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - A gas leak that shut down areas of North Charleston around Trident Technical College have reopened, officials said Monday afternoon.
The North Charleston Fire Department PIO Bianca Sancic said the leak had been contained and they were granting people access to buildings evacuated earlier.
The North Charleston Fire Department shut down Center Drive around the Trident Technical College campus Monday afternoon to repair a gas leak in the area.
According to Sancic, a gas line was sheared off at the corner of Mabeline Road and Center Drive. Fire crews are standing by as SCE&G crews work to repair the line.