Quantcast

Official: Warming lamp caused West Ashley fire - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Official: Warming lamp caused West Ashley fire

WEST ASHLEY, SC (WCSC) - A lamp being used to keep a cat warm at night caused a house fire Wednesday.

A fire department spokesman said the homeowner forgot to turn out the light on his way to work.

The fire started in a shed attached to the home on Downing and Oxford streets. 

No one, including the cat, was hurt, but the house had a lot of smoke and water damage. Firefighters were able to get the flames out quickly, officials said.

Copyright 2010 WCSC. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly