Quantcast

Charleston apartment evacuated after heater caught fire - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Charleston apartment evacuated after heater caught fire

CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - The Charleston City Fire Department was called out to the St. Andrews Gardner's Apartment Wednesday night after heavy smoke was seen coming the unit.

According to fire officials the fire started on the first floor in a heater unit in the wall of the apartment. The fire spread up the wall and caused heavy smoke throughout the complex.

The entire complex was evacuated at the time of this fire.

Authorities say everyone is back in the apartment except the family whose unit the fire first started.

No one was injured in this incident.

Copyright WCSC 2011. All rights Reserved.

Powered by Frankly