MOUNT PLEASANT, SC (WCSC) - Charleston County Government announces the following permanent road closure as part of the Johnnie Dodds Boulevard Improvements Project in Mount Pleasant:
• Von Kolnitz Road between Bowman Road and the East Cooper Medical Arts Center (at 1280 Von Kolnitz Road) will be permanently closed to through traffic.
• The closure will occur on Friday, Jan. 21 at approximately 9:30 am.
• The permanent closure is being done at this time in order to relocate utilities.
• To access any of the medical facilities along Von Kolnitz Road and Hospital Drive after the closure, drivers can use the remaining portion of Von Kolnitz Road or Hospital Drive via Bowman Road and Mathis Ferry Road.
• This map shows where detour signs will be installed to assist drivers: http://www.ccroadwise.org/file/doc/detourvonkolnitz10711.pdf
• If the weather is poor on this date, the permanent closure will occur at the same time on the next weather-permitting day.