MT. PLEASANT, SC (WCSC) - Authorities responded to a fire at a Mt. Pleasant apartment complex Thursday morning.
The fire occurred on Lansing Drive off Highway 17 in Mt. Pleasant. The fire forced everyone at one Mt. Pleasant apartment building to find somewhere else to stay.
Residents were asked to relocate because there is no electricity to the building after a fire Thursday morning. The building was not seriously damaged by the fire, but the Mt. Pleasant Fire Department says the plastic faces on the electric meters melted before they got to the apartments on Lansing Drive.
Firefighters say the fire started in a dryer. No one was hurt.