Goose Creek man dies at burn center weeks after house fire

Source: Facebook
Source: Facebook

GOOSE CREEK, SC (WCSC) - A man severely burned in a Goose Creek in December died Thursday morning at the Augusta Burn Center.

According to Berkeley County Coroner Bill Salisbury, 37-year-old Jeremy Shultz died Thursday morning as a result of burns he sustained in a December house fire.

Firefighters in Goose Creek spent the early morning hours of Dec. 30 battling the house fire. The fire started around 4:30 a.m. on the 800 block of Edmonton Circle near Highway 52.

Officials say the roof was heavily damaged and the house itself was severely damaged.

Officials believe the cause may have been a fireplace at the home.

Shultz was a network camera operator for CBS Sports and ESPN.

On the Jeremy Shultz family donations page on Facebook page, a loved one left the following message:

"Thank you all for the love, prayers & support. Our dear friend Jeremy has gone to God this morning at 5:30AM. He is free of pain & reading all our notes & letters, he is laughing & smiling. We all have to believe he is looking over us. The family is going to take some alone time to morn the loss of such a tremendous so...ul. will post service information once available. Rest in Peace Dear Friend, We love you"

Copyright WCSC 2011. All rights reserved.