Quantcast

Authorities: Electrical outlet causes house fire - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Authorities: Electrical outlet causes house fire

GOOSE CREEK, SC (WCSC) - The Goose Creek Fire Department says say an outside electrical outlet caused a fire that destroyed a home.

The fire happened around 8:30 p.m. Sunday and completely destroyed the home at 116 Pembrooke Drive. 

None of the six family members were in the  home at the time of the fire. Firefighters were still putting out the flames two hours later. Goose Creek fire department responded to the fire when a neighbor called 911 to report it.

Neighbors were crowded around comforting the family who lives in the home. A firefighter said the house was a total loss.  

The Red Cross is helping the family.

Copyright WCSC 2011. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly