OFFICIAL IPAD2 PROMOTION RULES
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WCSC TV, 2126 Charlie Hall Blvd. Charleston, SC 29414. ("Sponsor"). The promotion begins Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 3 p.m. and ends Sunday, April 3, 2011 at 11:59pm. Entries must be received by Sunday, April 3, 2011 at 11:59pm. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to WCSC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for contacting you if you are the winner. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of South Carolina, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Military personnel and their spouses, who are stationed on a base in South Carolina but have not established permanent South Carolina residency, are eligible to win, provided that they present a current valid military ID. Students 18 years of age or older attending a South Carolina college or university who have not established permanent South Carolina residency are eligible to win, provided that they present a current valid college or university ID. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WCSC TV, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per Facebook account will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. How to Enter. There is one (1) way to enter this promotion. You must register on the sweepstakes tab on the Live 5 News Page on Facebook. In order to register, you must be a fan of and "like" Live 5 News on Facebook. Entries must be received by Sunday, April 3, 2011 at 11:59pm in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor, and Sponsor reserves the right to use any information submitted by entrants
4. Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
5. Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
6. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
7. By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WCSC may provide entrant with promotional materials.
8. How the Prizes are Awarded. WCSC will choose one (1) winner at random from those who are fans of the Live 5 News Facebook page and who have registered for the contest by Sunday, April 3, 2011 at 11:59pm. Winner will be announced on Live 5 News at 11 after the NCAA Basketball Final on Monday April 4, 2011. If the Station selects your name as a Prize Winner, WCSC will contact you in accordance with the information you supplied to the Station. Winner may be verified over the telephone at the time and will be asked to come to the Station located at 2126 Charlie Hall Blvd Charleston, SC 29414, where Prize Winner must provide the Station valid identification. Valid identification includes a valid driver's license or other valid picture ID showing name and address. Faxes will not be accepted. Prize must be claimed in person at WCSC. In the event the prize has not yet arrived from the retailer by April 4, 2011, Winner will be awarded a voucher at the station and prize will be mailed to Winner upon arrival. Voucher must be claimed at WCSC and will not be mailed.
9. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
10. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 30 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by 5pm on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 or the prize will be forfeited.
11. Winner will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WCSC will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner will receive a Form 1099 from WCSC if WCSC reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
12. Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WCSC, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
13. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize, however caused.
14. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WCSC. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WCSC are final and binding. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's web site, or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
15. List of Winners. For winner name, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WCSC, 2126 Charlie Hall Blvd. Charleston, SC 29414 April 5 and May 4, 2011.