WILLIAMSBURG COUNTY, SC - A fire claims the life of a 63-year-old Williamsburg County man early Saturday morning.
According to the Williamsburg County Fire Chief they received a call at 5:50 a.m. The Chief said the fire started in the bedroom from an electrical heater. The house was fully engulfed with flames coming out of the roof.
Williamsburg County Coroner Harrison McKnight said 63-year-old Roy Edward Poston was found dead near the kitchen door of his house after firefighters put out a blaze at his home.
McKnight says it appears Poston was trying to escape the fire, and an autopsy was ordered to determine a cause of death.
Authorities say Poston lived alone. Someone passing by the home called 911 to report the fire.