Family of 3 survives kitchen fire in N. Charleston

Firefighters put out a mobile home fire early Tuesday morning.
Firefighters put out a mobile home fire early Tuesday morning.
A mobile home was destroyed by fire early Tuesday morning.
A mobile home was destroyed by fire early Tuesday morning.

NORTH CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC)

A kitchen fire destroyed a home in North Charleston early Tuesday morning. The fire started around 3 a.m. on Nowell Avenue, off of Remount Rd.

Fire officials say that all three people who were inside the home got out safely.

Officials believe the fire started after a burner on the stove was accidentally left on and quickly spread throughout the rest of the mobile home.

The fire victims are staying with other family members.

Copyright WCSC 2011. All rights reserved.