4 teens injured after gasoline is added to bonfire

NEWBERRY COUNTY, SC (WIS) - Four teenagers were burned at a backyard bonfire in Whitmire Monday night.

Newberry County Sheriff Lee Foster says that the teens were around the fire at a home on Clark Street, around 10 p.m. when someone threw gasoline on it and it flashed.

One teen was taken to the hospital by helicopter. Another teen was taken by ambulance to the hospital.

The two other teens were transported by friends and their conditions are not known.

According to Foster, all of the injuries appear to be accidental.

Copyright WIS Copyright 2011 WIS. All rights reserved.