Living room fire damages North Charleston home

NORTH CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - A North Charleston home was badly damaged after a fire broke out in the living room.

The house, located on Railroad Avenue and Kerry Street, has extensive smoke damage to both the first and second floor, while the fire damage was contained to only the first floor.

According to the North Charleston Fire Chief, authorities are unsure of what sparked the fire.

There was a person at home at the time of the fire, but they were able to escape. There were no injuries.

Copyright WCSC 2011. All rights reserved.