Quantcast

Fire breaks out in North Charleston kitchen - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Fire breaks out in North Charleston kitchen

NORTH CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - The North Charleston Fire Department responded to a house fire at around 12:30 Saturday afternoon.

The fire at 2029 Hugo Avenue reportedly started when the residents of the home were cooking. The fire is believed to have been started by grease in a frying pan.

The residents contained the fire by putting the frying pan in the oven. Firefighters checked the two residents for smoke inhalation and determined they weren't harmed.

Fire damage was limited to the stove, but there was some smoke damage throughout the house.

Cooking is the most common cause of fires in North Charleston. The fire department suggests staying in the kitchen to monitor food at all times when cooking.

Copyright WCSC 2011.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly