WCSC-TV 5 John Mellencamp OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
- Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WCSC-TV 5 2126 Charlie Hall Blvd Charleston, SC 29414 ("Sponsor"). The promotion begins at 6:00am Monday , Aug 1, 2011 and ends at 6:59am Thursday Aug 4, 2011. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
- Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of South Carolina, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Military personnel and their spouses, who are stationed on a base in South Carolina but have not established permanent South Carolina residency, are eligible to win, provided that they present a current valid military ID. Students 18 years of age or older attending a South Carolina college or university who have not established permanent South Carolina residency are eligible to win, provided that they present a current valid college or university ID. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WCSC-TV 5, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Winners cannot have won any contest on WCSC-TV 5 or live5news.com in the last 30 days and can only win once in this contest.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WCSC-TV 5 and the other Sponsors of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WCSC-TV 5 may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsors for that purpose. WCSC-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsors.
- Prizes. There are a total of four (4) prizes. 1 prize will be awarded daily Monday , Aug 1, 2011 through Thursday August 4, 2011. Each prize consists of two (2) tickets to John Mellencamp at the North Charleston Performing Arts Center at 7pm on November 9th, 2011. Transportation to event and any other associated costs not included. Value of prize is approximately $150.00. Restrictions may apply.
- No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned. No prize can be auctioned or sold. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
- How the Prizes are Awarded. Each prize is awarded to the 5th qualified caller. Winner will be notified over the phone if and when they are the winning 5th caller. Winners can pick up their prize at WCSC-TV5 2126 Charlie Hall Blvd Charleston, SC 29414. Prizes will not be mailed.
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning the daily prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license with current address or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner and/or any other persons necessary will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility. Winner must take possession of his or her prize before 5pm on Friday September 2, 2011 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WCSC-TV 5 will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WCSC-TV 5 if WCSC-TV 5 reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WCSC-TV 5, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
- Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor, its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize, however caused.
- Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WCSC-TV 5. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WCSC-TV 5 are final and binding. Sponsor reserves the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's web site or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor further reserves the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).