MYRTLE BEACH, SC (AP) - A new billboard is going up near where a New York state teen was last seen in South Carolina more than two years ago.
The billboard, which will seek information about the disappearance of Brittanee Drexel, is being unveiled Friday. It was designed by the father of the missing teen from Rochester, N.Y.
Drexel was 17 when she was last seen leaving a Myrtle Beach hotel during spring break in April 2009. Family members plan to be in Myrtle Beach on Friday to discuss the case.
There have been dozens of searches in Georgetown, Horry and Charleston counties since Drexel disappeared on April 25, 2009.
Last week, authorities searched a motel near Georgetown where a person of interest in the case was thought to have stayed.
- New developments in Drexel case sparks search of motel
- Drexel's mother says search is 'mentally exhausting'
- Weekend search for Drexel, Soles turns up empty
- Investigators release new information in case
- Investigation Discovery show to shed light on Drexel case
- Detectives have leads, person of interest
- Dawn Drexel on Today Show
- SLED adds agent to Drexel case
- Family spreads word of disappearance in Charleston
- No Clues turn up in search for missing teen