Mechanical malfunction in kitchen causes Burger King fire

NORTH CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - A Burger King fast food restaurant caught fire Wednesday morning in North Charleston. Fire crews were able to put out the fire and no one was injured.

Firefighters with the North Charleston Fire Department responded to the Burger King located at 4709 Dorchester Road around 7 a.m. Wednesday.

The cause of the fire was determined to be a mechanical malfunction in the kitchen area.

The restaurant received significant damage.

Firefighters were able to get the fire under control around 7:45 a.m. First arriving units reported heavy smoke showing from the building.

No one was injured during the fire.

Copyright WCSC 2011. All rights reserved.