Quantcast

Unattended cooking leads to mobile home fire - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Unattended cooking leads to mobile home fire

Authorities say unattended cooking was the cause of a fire in Awendaw that destroyed a mobile home Monday afternoon.

Emergency officials say that the fire started in the kitchen and into the attic space at the home on Butterfly Lane.

One person was in the house, but escaped with no injuries thanks in part to a smoke detector.

Emergency crews from the Isle of Palms, Mount Pleasant and Charleston County responded as well.

Copyright WCSC 2011. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly