CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - Crews are patching up parts of a downtown Charleston apartment complex, just two days after a fire severely damaged several units.
The fire broke out Monday morning at the Bridgeview Village apartments on North Romney Street in downtown Charleston.
Workers boarded up windows and fenced off all of building 100 a day after the blaze.
When firefighters arrived Monday, official say the flames were shooting through the roof of the building. Several residents were evacuated from the building with 16 apartment units damaged.
Firefighters launched an interior fire attack and were evacuated from the building because part of a roof collapsed.
Charleston firefighters say a bedroom outlet overloaded with wires and sparked the fire.