Ladson mother, daughter escape mobile home fire - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Ladson mother, daughter escape mobile home fire


A Ladson mother, her 12-year-old daughter and their pet dog were inside their mobile home Thursday when a kerosene heater caused the home to catch fire.

Photo Slideshow
Click to view photos

Firefighters got the call around 6:24 a.m. Thursday and arrived on scene to find the Arno Drive home fully involved.

A neighbor who was passing by the home saw the fire, knocked on the door and then called 911. Everyone made it out of the home safely.

Firefighters are still dousing the fire, but the flames have died down.

The mobile home is located near Crowfield Golf and Country Club. Fire officials believe that the kerosene heater caused the fire.

The American Red Cross has been called in to help the family.

Pine Ridge, Charleston, Berkeley and Goose Creek fire departments assisted.

Copyright WCSC 2011. All rights reserved.


Powered by Frankly