CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - The South Carolina Department of Probation, Parole and Pardon Services will again have a curfew for offenders under its supervision for a sex offense.
Authorities are directing the public to the following website http://services.sled.sc.gov/sor/ for concerned people who want to check the State Law Enforcement Division web site for sex offenders in their neighborhood.
Halloween rules for sex offenders on Probation, Parole and other forms of community supervision under the jurisdiction of SCDPPPS:
• Curfew: 5:30 p.m. - 9 p.m. statewide on Halloween day.
• This applies to all persons under supervision for a sex offense. (Note: This does not apply to all sex offenders, many of whom are no longer on probation or parole and therefore not under the jurisdiction of SCDPPPS.)
• Curfew will be enforced through agent surveillance techniques in all counties in the state.
• Sex offenders have been notified there will be no lights on outside their houses; no candy distribution; no participating in Halloween parties or carnivals.
• Registered sex offenders in some counties will have to report to a designated location for the duration of the curfew. They will be notified by their Probation/Parole Agents.
Additional Tips for Parents on Halloween
• Don't be alarmed. It is perfectly OK to allow your child to trick-or-treat under supervision.