Officials with The Citadel announced Thursday that they will comply with all Freedom of Information Act requests regarding an alleged 2002 incident at its summer camp involving a Charleston-area educator and coach accused of molesting five boys.
On Wednesday, The Citadel released a statement saying that it would honor requests from law enforcement to not consent to Freedom of Information Act requests.
However, Mount Pleasant Police Department Capt. Stan Gragg said Thursday that his agency did not ask The Citadel to refrain from releasing information about the 2002 incident concerning 32-year-old Louis "Skip" ReVille. He is charged with three counts of criminal sexual misconduct with a minor and five counts of committing a lewd act on a minor.
Jeff Perez, VP for External Affairs for The Citadel, released a statement late Thursday stating:
In order to clear up any confusion, The Citadel is fully complying with the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act and is reviewing the requests for documents that we have received. We continue to cooperate with law enforcement agencies.
ReVille worked at a summer camp at The Citadel during the summers of 2001, 2002 and 2003. The Citadel, which is a public school, said that beyond the alleged 2002 incident, there were no complaints about ReVille involving his activities at the military institution.
ReVille, who was arrested last month, also served as a state foster parent from 2004 and 2006. The Department of Social Services said it received no complaints at the time, but is conducting an internal investigation.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press & WCSC. All rights reserved.