Officials: West Ashley mobile home fire started near laundry room

(Photo: Mark Davenport)
(Photo: Mark Davenport)

WEST ASHLEY, SC (WCSC) - Officials say a fire which damaged a mobile home on James Bay Road in West Ashley started near the laundry room Tuesday morning.

According to Captain Sills with the St. Andrews Fire Department , the fire started around 10:30 a.m. near the laundry room.

Officials said there was no one home at the double-wide trailer at the time of the blaze.

Captain Sills did say one firefighter was injured during the incident.  He was taken to the hospital for treatment.  His status is unknown at this point, the captain said.

Stay tuned to for more information.

Copyright WCSC 2011. All rights reserved.