Cigarette ashes to blame for Goose Creek house fire

(Source: Steve Skipton)
(Source: Steve Skipton)

GOOSE CREEK, SC (WCSC) - The Goose Creek Fire Department says cigarette ashes in a trash can caused a fire which destroyed a home in Goose Creek Wednesday afternoon.

Start Slideshow

End Slideshow

The fire broke out after 1 p.m. on Ryan Drive.

According to authorities, the fire started in the garage and there were no injuries.

Several fire departments including the Goose Creek Rural Fire Department and The Goose Creek City Fire Department were on scene.

Copyright WCSC 2011. All rights reserved.