Quantcast

Boy bitten by rattlesnake eats first meal in weeks, doing better - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Boy bitten by rattlesnake eats first meal in weeks, doing better

CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) -

An 8-year-old boy bitten by a rattlesnake at a North Charleston park is doing better Wednesday.

Family members say Zach Szalas ate his first meal in several weeks. He had soup and ice cream.

Szalas is still in the hospital and cannot yet sit or walk.

Three weeks ago family members say Zach ran off of a nature trail at Wannamaker Park and was bitten when he stepped on a timber rattlesnake.

Copyright WCSC 2011. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly