NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) Investigators in North Myrtle Beach are trying to figure out what sparked a blaze at the Barbeque House Restaurant in North Myrtle Beach late Wednesday night.
Investigators were called to the business off of Highway 17, located beside Applebee's Restaurant, around 10:15 p.m. Wednesday.
Upon arrival, firefighters found heavy smoke spilling out from the building. Sources tell WMBF News no customers or workers were inside the building at the time the blaze began.
The fire is reported to have destroyed the roof and much of the interior of the restaurant.
Crews from Horry County Fire Rescue worked with North Myrtle Beach in putting out the fire. No initial cause has been released.
More details should be released as early as Thursday afternoon.