NORTH CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - Classes have been canceled Wednesday at Stall High School because of a gas leak. The leak happened Tuesday and was unable to be repaired in time for Wednesday's classes.
Firefighters arrived at Stall High School on Tuesday morning after they were alerted of an active gas leak above a classroom. Students were evacuated at 11:30 a.m.
The gas line has been turned off and crews are working to resolve the problems, however, classes were canceled for Wednesday as well, Charleston County School District spokesman Jason Sakran said.
Students at Lambs Elementary school were let out early Tuesday after squirrels caused a power outage. Electrical officials say squirrels ate through a cable causing Tuesday's power outage. The cable has been repaired and power has been restored. Students will have class Wednesday.