Quantcast

Cooking grease to blame for North Charleston house fire - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Cooking grease to blame for North Charleston house fire

NORTH CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) -

Fire officials say cooking grease is to blame for a North Charleston house fire Friday morning.

The North Charleston Fire Department says the fire happened at the 4300 block of Purdue Drive.

When crews arrived they could see heavy smoke showing in front of the home. It took more than half an hour for firefighters to bring the flames under control. 

According to authorities, the fire began in the kitchen where a resident was cooking with grease.

The family of six and their pet escaped unharmed and are being assisted by the Red Cross.

Copyright WCSC 2012. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly