CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - The Ninth Circuit Solicitor's Office announced Tuesday the grand jury indictment of suspected child predator Louis "Skip" ReVille on 22 felony counts related to sex crimes involving 15 victims.
During a press conference at the Charleston County Solicitor's Office, officials said the charges are regarding oral sex incidents performed by ReVille on minors.
The former Charleston-area teacher and coach, who police say confessed to sexually abusing up to a dozen school-aged boys, worked as a teacher and coach at various schools in the Lowcountry.
Solicitor Scarlett Wilson said that the 22-count indictment involves 15 separate victims in Charleston County. According to Wilson, the victims in Charleston County were between the ages of 11 and 14.
"I think to some extent these young boys dealing with this now instead of 20 years from now, I think in the long run it would be better from them," Wilson said. "Obviously, everyone wishes this had not ever happened."
Authorities say ReVille has one victim in Berkeley County and six in Dorchester County. ReVille has not been indicted on charges involving those victims.
Trial dates have been set for the end of June. If convicted, Reville could face a 20-year sentence for each count.
ReVille's charges include second degree criminal sexual conduct with a minor, lewd act against a child under 16 and disseminating obscene material.
ReVille is being held in the Charleston County Detention Center on more than $1 million bond.
Wilson also said The Citadel had no legal duty to report suspicions of sexually inappropriate behavior to police. Late last year, The Citadel confessed to failing to report a 2002 incident, when ReVille was a camp counselor.
That incident involved two summer camp kids that reportedly watched pornography with ReVille on his computer and engaged in sexual activities.